Translate

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Space Pirate Captain Harlock/ Harlock: Space Captain (Special Movie Review!)

            I found this gorgeous little gem of a movie on Netflix over the weekend and watched it because I was bored and home alone for five hours. I liked from the very start and decided to give it a little review for you guys! (On Netflix the title is "Harlock: Space Captain" for some reason...).

            Let’s start with the animation. The details were mind-bending to a point where in some frames, everything looks almost real… Everyone, from the raggedy space crew to the handsome Harlock to the gorgeous alien woman Mimay, is beautifully detailed and well animated.

            The voice acting was quite on point. I nearly fell in love with Harlock from just his voice alone. I looked up his voice actor, David Matranga, and was pleasantly surprised that he voices Bertholdt Hoover in the Attack on Titan dub!

    
        The plot… Oh lordy the plot. There’s a lot of things that you need to remember from the opening narration, although it gets repeated probably a bit more often than necessary. We learn quite early on where almost everyone stands. The plot somewhat ebs and flows throughout the movie and there’s some pretty major plot twists later on! I think the plot was thought out pretty well and not just hashed together.


            All in all, it gets 5 out of 5 from me and has officially become my favorite animation.

~With Love,

                               Tyler H.




No comments:

Post a Comment